Our lawyers have experience dealing with general banking and finance work.
We advise on the Banking Act, Bills of Exchange Act and on Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) Notices and directives to Banks.
Our advice extends to new schemes of financing introduced into the Singapore market from time to time.
Some of the specific matters we handle include
- Loan agreements and security documentation, such as mortgages and debentures
- Development project financing
- Guarantees and indemnities
- New schemes and documentation for financing or loan packages
- Investment, subscription and fiscal agency agreements relating to share options, bonds and floating rate notes
- We act for a number of banks, finance companies and a credit card issuer in litigating contentious matters arising from their operations and enforcing payments of outstanding sums, including claims based on bank security documents
We have appeared in various courts, including the Court of Appeal, on major points of law relating to banks’ rights & duties.
We act for banks in a variety of commercial and documentary credit claims.
We have also dealt with important related issues involving forgery of bank documents.