Advocate and Solicitor(Singapore) (2014)
Joanne is an Associate of the firm. The focus of her practice is in the area of commercial and civil litigation.
She has represented both personal and institutional clients on a wide variety of claims, including but not limited to; shareholder disputes, contentious probate matters, interpretation of commercial contracts, economic torts, land law disputes and debt recovery matters.
Joanne also has experience drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, such as tenancy agreements, employment contracts, contracts of service and sale and purchase agreements.
She advises and acts for several small and medium enterprises, reputable local and international companies and an educational institution in corporate secretarial work which includes the drafting of board and company resolutions and minutes, filing of annual returns, preparation of annual general meeting documents and general corporate advisory work. She has experience in the incorporation of companies and has provided legal advice to corporations, groups of companies and societies.
Additionally, Joanne has represented and advised clients in divorce matters, applications under the Mental Capacity Act, Personal Protection Orders, contentious probate matters and on the drafting and interpretation of wills and trust documents.
Some of the notable cases Joanne was involved in include:
• Public Prosecutor v Ngan Swee Choon  SGMC 36, successfully argued for a sentence of a fine for a Section 323 offence.
• MCST Plan No 3727 v Ho Kok Wei/Ng Xiang Rui  SGSTB 7, successfully acted for the subsidiary proprietors in a dispute concerning whether a mandatory injunction should be granted.
• Ling Diung Kwong v Bo Tien Temple and others  SGHC 155, successfully defended clients in a matter involving a dispute between trustees and members of a temple and whether decisions made had breached rules of natural justice.
• Successfully argued for the Respondent in a Court of Appeal matter involving constructive trusts and multi-million dollar assets. All applications taken out by the Appellant were dismissed.
• Represented shareholders in a multi-million dollar contentious shareholder dispute involving issues of minority oppression and interpretation of trust documents.
• Successfully obtained summary judgment for a matter involving unauthorized payments made to director and breaches of fiduciary duties.