Advocate and Solicitor(Singapore) (2014)
Gladys is an Associate of the firm and the focus of her practice is in the area of civil and commercial litigation, arbitration, mediation, drafting commercial agreements and advising on landlord and tenant law.
She regularly advises and acts for reputable landlords regarding debt-recovery matters, enforcement issues and tenancy-related disputes.
She also advises and acts for clients in general commercial disputes, including contract, insurance and tenancy-related disputes.
She represents clients in corporate insolvency, scheme of arrangement and judicial management proceedings as well.
Some of Gladys’ work includes:
• Acted as co-counsel in an ICC international arbitration for an American specialist manufacturer of underground construction machinery in a SGD$7.9 million dispute relating to the supply of construction machinery and related services.
• Acted for an Indonesian corporation in a SGD$4 million dispute relating to distribution of smart phones in Indonesia of a renowned brand.
• Acted for multiple individuals in a SGD$4.5 million trade mark and shareholder dispute relating to a joint venture agreement in respect of a food and beverage business in Singapore.
• Acted for a local events management company in a dispute relating to an agreement for provision of goods and services.
• Acted for a creditor against Jones the Grocer International Pte. Ltd. under judicial management and liquidation.
• Acted for a creditor against Sembawang Engineers and Constructors Pte. Ltd. under a scheme of arrangement.