LLB (Hons)(Singapore) (1978)
Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore) (1984)
BSc (Psychology) (2003)
Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Education (2007)
Keng Lee is a Consultant of the firm and a highly experienced solicitor specializing in banking, finance and securities law, conveyancing and property law and landlord and tenancy law.
She started her career as a legal officer in DBS Bank in 1978 where she developed an acute understanding of banking law and financial instruments which formed the firm foundation for her practice later on.
In the course of her practice, she has represented both individuals and institutions in a wide range of real estate and conveyancing matters.
She has handled matters involving the sale and acquisition of property, mortgages, charges, leases and general advice on property related matter.
She has also acted for housing developers in the sale of housing developments and transactions of major commercial buildings.
She has experience in the collective sales of residential developments and has advise both developers and subsidiary proprietors in such matters.
She is heavily involved in the development of the conveyancing practice in Singapore and was the Vice Chairman of the Conveyancing Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore from 2013 to 2016. She was also a Member of the Conveyancing Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore since 2010.
In addition, Keng Lee was a Senior Teaching Fellow for the Real Estate Practice during the Part B Course of the Singapore Bar Examinations, Singapore Institute of Legal Education from 2011-2015.
Keng Lee’s other appointments include:
• Joint Chairperson: Implementation Committee for Proposed Measure to Safeguard Conveyancing Money, Ministry of Law (2011)
• Tutor (Conveyancing): Post Graduate Practical Law Course, Board of Legal Education (2002 to 2010)
• Member, Inquiry Panel appointed under Section 84 of the Legal Profession Act, Cap 161 (2005-2007)
• Lecturer on Land Law at the Institute of Banking and Finance (1998)
• Lecturer on Land Registration: Law & Practice, organized by the Law Society of Singapore (1993)