Conveyancing is a prime area of work of the firm.
Our work includes transactions involving residential, commercial and industrial properties. Our clients range from private individuals to local and foreign banks and financial institutions.
Our clients also include private, as well as listed, property development companies, and statutory boards.
We advise on planning approvals, sub-division, building, sale and financing of development projects.
The specific matters we undertake include
- Options and Sale and Purchase Agreements for the sale of property.
- Purchase and sale of development projects (residential, commercial and industrial).
- Qualifying certificates for developers.
- Housing Developers’ licences.
- Project Account scheme.
- Sale of individual units in development projects.
- Advice on the provisions of all relevant statutes and their related subsidiary legislation, rules and regulations, including:- Housing Developers (Control & Licensing) Act- Sale of Commercial Property Act- Executive Condominium Housing Scheme Act- Conveyancing and Law of Property Act- Registration of Deeds Act
– Land Titles Act
– Land Titles (Strata) Act
– Building Control Act
– Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act
– Planning Act
– Residential Property Act
- Amendments to the prescribed Option form and the Sale & Purchase Agreement under the Housing Developers (Control & Licensing) Act and liaising with the Controller of Housing and other authorities on the amendments.
- Issue of individual titles for development projects.
- Mortgages, Debentures and other security documentation.
- Title and other searches at the relevant registries and ministries.
- Subdivision and extraction of titles.
- Completion of transfers of title.
- Property tax.
- Applications and appeals to planning authorities.
- Auction/tender documents for purchase of land offered either by government or statutory bodies or the private sector.
- Regularisation of tenure of land, amalgamation and subdivision of land.
- Conversion of land to the Torrens systems of registration.
- Construction loan documentation.
- Collective/en-bloc sales and purchase
- Regularisation of tenure of land to the Torrens system of registration.
- Advice to management corporations established under the Land Titles (Strata) Act.
We handle all matters relating to the sale, purchase and other forms of acquisition and disposal of a variety of interests in real property.
Specifically, we also advise on the transfer of property, property tax, use of Central Provident Fund (“CPF”) savings and financing of transaction.