Advocate and Solicitor(Singapore) (2014)
Joanne is an Associate of the firm. The focus of her practice is in the area of commercial and civil litigation.
She has represented both personal and institutional clients on a wide variety of claims, including but not limited to; shareholder disputes, interpretation of commercial contracts, economic torts, land law disputes and debt recovery matters.
Joanne has experience drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, such as employment contracts, contracts of service and cross border sale and purchase agreements.
She advises and acts for several small and medium enterprises, reputable local and international companies and an educational institution in corporate secretarial work which includes the drafting of board and company resolutions and minutes, filing of annual returns, preparation of annual general meeting documents and general corporate advisory work. She has experience in the incorporation of companies and has provided legal advice to corporations, groups of companies and societies.
Additionally, Joanne has represented and advised clients in divorce matters, applications under the Mental Capacity Act, Personal Protection Orders, contentious probate matters and on the drafting and interpretation of wills and trust documents.
She has undertaken work under the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme and has also advised and represented clients in criminal matters.
Some of Joanne’s work includes:
• Public Prosecutor v Ngan Swee Choon  SGMC 36
• MCST Plan No 3727 v Ho Kok Wei/Ng Xiang Rui –  SGSTB 7
• Successfully acted for a subsidiary proprietor in a dispute between neighbours which involved issues of proprietary estoppel and adverse possession
• Acted for and advised a reputable local businesses concerning competition law matters and obligations under the Competitions Act
• Represented shareholders in a multi-million dollar, contentious shareholder dispute involving issues of minority oppression and interpretation of trust documents
• Advised an international company concerning a multi-million dollar corporate insolvency matter which involved cross-border jurisdictional issues