LLB (Hons) (London) (1982)
Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (1983)
Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore) (1984)
Bala is the Managing Partner of the firm and has more than 30 years of experience handling an extremely wide variety of legal matters.
He has been involved in a wide range of commercial and corporate transactions including the handling, drafting and review of complex commercial documents, negotiating and brokering agreements.
He is highly experienced in dispute resolution and has represented both personal and institutional clients before the High Court and State Courts of Singapore.
He specializes in landlord and tenancy law, commercial contracts, banking documentation (including loan and security documentation) and advisory work on the sale and acquisition of shares, business and assets. He has extensive experience in the preparation and finalization of all contractual documentation for complex corporate acquisitions.
He represents several large property developers in landlord and tenancy matters as well as major insurance bodies.
Bala has presented papers at several seminars and conferences including the following:
• July 2009: Presented paper on “Formalities and Statutory Requirements Governing Lease Agreements in Singapore“ at conference on “Tenancy Agreements & Leasing Contracts“.
• June 2007: Speaker at 20th Biennial LawAsia Conference on “Franchising in Singapore”
• August 2006: Presented paper on “Drafting Employment Contracts” at conference on “Regional Employment Law”
• September 2005: Presented paper on “Negotiations for Commercial Contracts” at conference on “Maximizing Your Commercial Contracts”
• August 2004: Presented paper on “Update on the Duties and Liabilities of Directors” at conference on “Company Secretaries 2004”
• March 2004: Conducted workshop on “Drafting and Negotiating Employment Contracts” at conference on “Legal Issues in Singapore Employment”
• March 2003: Presented paper on “Negotiations for Commercial Contracts” at conference on “Commercial Contracts : Drafting & Negotiations”