LLB (Hons)(London, UK) 1983
Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple, UK) 1985
Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore) 1987
Adrian is a Partner of the firm. He practices mainly in civil and commercial litigation, with a specialized focus in intellectual property law, probate, insurance, and real estate disputes.
Adrian is a highly experienced litigator and has represented individual and institutional clients in complex litigious matters and in mediation proceedings. He is well versed with the drafting of legal and commercial documents including shareholders’ agreement, share purchase agreements, franchise agreements and estate planning instruments like Wills and trusts.
He is also the appointed corporate secretary and nominee director for several local and international companies, and acts for educational institutions in corporate and intellectual property matters.
Adrian’s passion lies in intellectual property matters including matters such as advising on trademark infringement, copyright infringement, filing of applications for companies both locally and internationally in respect of trade marks in Singapore as well as under the Madrid Protocol. In the course of his work in intellectual property, he has represented major international clients from all parts of the world. He is also a Singapore Registered Patent Agent. Additionally, Adrian is an Executive Committee member of the International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property, a member of the Asian Patent Attorneys’ Association and has acted as Scope IP Consultant for IPOS and provided pro bono legal services at IPOS providing IP clinics for SMEs.
Some of Adrian’s work includes:
• Successfully representing a client in a matter involving a US company on the issue of corporate fraud.
• Successfully representing a client against a developer in the High Court involving a construction law dispute.
• Represented client in an often cited High Court case of Siew Kong Engineering Works v Lian Yit Engineering Sdn Bhd  1 SLR(R) 736;  SGCA 34
• Long term advisor of a reputable German motor vehicle dealer and advises them on matters involving the motor vehicle trade and consumer law related disputes.
Adrian is appointed in the following capacities:
• Appointed to the Inquiry Panel under section 84 of the Legal Profession Act to deal with disciplinary cases involving the legal profession.
• Appointed to the Singapore Medical Council’s Complaints Panel under the Medical Registration Act to deal with disciplinary cases involving the medical profession.
• Appointed as Teaching fellow/facilitator of the Singapore Institute of Legal Education conducting Preparatory Course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations for admission of lawyers to the legal profession.